Express Entry Canada is an electronic system for managing applications for Canadian federal skilled worker permanent residence. It can be used to apply through:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- the Canadian Experience Class
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program
How it Works?
If an applicant is eligible to apply from among 3 Programs, candidate can apply for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry. If the nomination is made for a particular profile, additional extra points are given to boost the application process.
Fill Profile Assessment Form
Book an Appointment
Get an Expert Advice
About Express Entry managed Immigration Program
Express Entry Canada is a points-based system for skilled workers in Canada. The Canadian government has designed it to help address the country’s need for qualified people and the gaps in the labour market.
Canadian Experience Class
- Meeting required English Proficiency level in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- Applicant must have at least 1 year of skilled Canadian Work Experience in last 3 years of your application
- Full time job at 1 employer: 1,560 hours in 1 year with 30 hours/weeks
- Part time job: with 15 hours per weeks for about 2 years to complete 1,560 hours
- Full time job at more than 1 employer: 30 hours per week for 1 year (12 months) at more than 1 employer (1,560 hours)
- Education requirement is not necessary, however education will improve your CRS ranking in Express Entry Pool for Canadian Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The current passing score for FSW is 67 out of 100
- Skilled Work Experience: Applicant must have worked in 1 of the below listed NOC occupations:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
- Candidate must have a continuous 1 year of full time paid work experience i.e. 1,560 total hours or 30 hours per week or equivalent. This experience must be in same job in NOC 0, A, B occupation within last 10 years.
- Applicant must have CLB 7 in all 4 sections i.e. Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening and are valid for 2 years.
- If candidate has been a Canadian Student, he/she must have degree, diploma or certificate. If the education is from outside country, applicant must have completed credential and ECA for Canadian Immigration purpose.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Meet the required English Proficiency Level in Writing, Listening, Reading and Speaking
- Applicant must have at least 2 years of full time of paid work experience (or equivalent part time) in Skilled Trade in last 5 years.
- Skilled Work Experience:
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
- No education requirement is needed, however, it is recommended to have it to increase the ranking in pool.